Friday, September 23, 2011

Have you met my American friend yet?

Of all the friends that we have made so more, there is nothing more fascinating to them then the fact that we are American. Literally everywhere we go it's "Oh have you met my American friends yet? This is Lea, she's from the states".  Then we usually get made fun of for a few minutes for the way we talk...and then it's instant best friends.  If you ask me it's pretty awesome, or maybe just different I guess. Never in my life have i felt so cool/popular..well maybe when it's my birthday on facebook. Everyone knows there's no better feeling than 300 notifications in one day.

Anyways, 2 nights ago there was this huge concert on campus for orientation week. The performer was calvin harris, he is a scottish singer-songwriter and producer.  Basically he is HUGE over here, the concert was totally sold out and people were dying for tickets...and we had none. So what did we do? work it.

My roommate Megan and I (Megan is from Minnesota and I often make fun of her for her accent and often just refer to her as 'dontcha knoww"...she usually responds then talks about how much she loves cheese)..so anyway the two of us just has the mentality that were GOING TO GET IN...and..it worked.

The concert started around 11:30 so we headed over to the Helix (like an amazing theatre/ bar...again on campus) around 11 only to find a line of about 500 people, we were not havin that. So we walked our little American butts right to the front of the line and did what we know best...argue/pout/pull the American card/not give up. And it worked.  We marched right up to the head of security, told him we were informed we didn't need to buy a ticket (bullshit), showed him our registration papers, and with a little finagling he pulled the gate open for us and let us in.  Some of the freezing cold people waiting in line were NOT happy but..whatever.

Yesterday we took a Dublin city bus tour which was an awesome way to see the city. I took a million pictures with my new camera and they came out really great.  Below are a few of my favorite.

Enjoy!
xoLea














In efforts of finally kicking this Jet Lag Meg and I got up at a normal hour today, are headed to the gym, and then out for something fun and touristy.  Maybe the Guiness factory or Jameson Distillery.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's just early-morning eyes (6:26 here) or my mind is in the gutter, but I definitely read "GOING TO GET IN" as "GOING TO GET IT IN" and was a tad bit shocked. I should have known better. :P

    Normally I would be pissed that you played the "Ugly American" card (not meaning you're actually ugly, just pushy/rude/annoying), but...I can't lie, that story is damn impressive and I tip my hat to you.

    <3TC

    (P.S. You are a better writer than you ever let on. Don't let Mom and Dad know or my one talent will be taken away from me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats my girl. showstoppin all the way in dublin.
    STOP WORKING OUT AND ENJOY YOURSELF! you're making me feel bad for not working out here in beantown!
    miss you more than you know. love being updated on your life.
    have a guiness for me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete