Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Boys in Blue

Made it to Dublin!!

Feels great to be here! the flight was so easy. flew out of boston last night..met a few irish guys while i was waiting for the plane...one honestly looked like a leprechaun and the other had a lazy eye. let me tell you, that was a difficult conversation. I couldn't tell if he was talking to me or not while one eye was looking at the sky and the other at my feet... Anyways the flight wasn't bad at all.  Aer Lingus is prettttttty BA if you ask me (BA...badass...not to be mistaken for bachelor of arts).  First I watched water for elephants on my own personal tv, followed by old sex and the city and entourage episodes, topped off with some games of hang man and who wants to be a millionaire trivia.  Got into Dublin around 4:30 am local time, breezed through customs, and headed to the apartment. It's actually pretty nice, kind of like a glorified dorm with my own bathroom and shower which is clutch.  I will say i was a little disappointed when i got here, when we checked in to get our keys the attendant was very short and almost rude with us. I guess i was just expecting a gerard butler look a like with a delightful accent...Yeah, no i think his name was Mohammed, he wasn't that cool.

Headed in to town earlier with my roommates, we checked out the campus then stopped at 'the omni' for all you rhodeislanders it's pretty much a glorified warwick mall with a grocery store.  My first purchase: 4 rolls of toilet paper and irish cider. solid.

Tonight there's some football match, i guess it's like the super bowl in ireland..all of the houses are decorated with Blue dublin flags that read their mantra i suppose which is 'The Boys in Blue'

So my roommates and I are going into the city tonight to watch the match and get acquainted with some pubs...lucky me i have just the perfect blue top to fit right in :)

I stick out pretty bad here...blonde wavy hair and tan skin..i've already been asked if i'm for California....they laughed and asked what rhode island was when i told them that's where i was from...i told them the greatest place on earth of course

Anyways, mom & dad i'm safe and really happy.

Love to all :)

3 comments:

  1. so jealous. love you so much lea! post some picys soon! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this to Maureen this morning at Juice-n-Java. We both laughed a lot :) So glad your trip of a lifetime is off to a good start!!!

    Traveler's tip: when explaining to people where Rhody is who don't know about it (poor souls), I tend to find "south of Boston" is the best reference point. If that doesn't work (and I wouldn't be surprised if some Europeans don't know where Boston is), "three hours outside NYC" probably will.

    Love you and miss you already!
    <3TunaCass

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I do not think I will have that "sticking out" problem when I visit. They'll probably accept me into their culture just like the Tunas did. Lotsa unicorns out there?

    ReplyDelete