Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A city that doesn't know what sleep is

Note to self: if someone asks you how the crack is...they're not talking about drugs...Craic (pronounced crack) is like a slang word for fun.  Urban dictionary defines it as an"Irish word for fun/enjoyment that has been brought into the English language." so if someone says how's the craic? or that was really craic, they're saying are you having fun, or it was really enjoyable.


Let's just say when your in a pub with live music over powering your ears and a local asks you how's the craic it's a little embarrassing to say "yeah no thanks i don't do drugs"..that's probably one of the first of many ignorant things to come out of my lovely mouth while i'm here


Anyways, last night was the celebration for the Dublin Team.  First we went to the bar on campus (yes there is a full bar and night club in the student center...it's insane) and then we took a bus into the city center. I think there's no better way to explain the nightlife in Dublin then....


HOLY SHIT


I mean sorry for the profanity but it is honestly insane.  We went to a place called Copper Face Jacks which is a three level bar and night club. It was amazing and SO fun. My roommate Megan and I danced foreverrr and just mingled with all of the people.  Even the girls here are pretty nice..when we were getting on the bust to go to city center there were these 3 irish girls bustin out to 'i like big butts' when they saw us looking at them they immediately hushed, and were kind of embarrassed until the two of us starting singing too even louder with really obnoxious dance moves. ..i mean sfp right?


Needless to say we were all exhausted today and had to be at orientation at 10..yikes! we made it though, i think we were all delirious and slap happy but we champed it out.


Tonight we're going to make dinner in the apartment and then probably go wherever we damn feel like it. 


I'll post pictures soon! I don't dare take my new Nikon out at night though, I think it's worth more than my life!


xoxoxo
Lea


ps-sfp means sorry for partying :)



2 comments:

  1. your blog posts are what get me through the work day. im seriously contemplating buying a plane ticket right now. got room for me? love you leeeee xoxo have some fun and find me some irish men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to stop myself from LOL-ing at the crack/craic debacle at work today. Hung over on orientation day...I expected no less of you, and I am proud.

    ReplyDelete