Sunday, October 2, 2011

Welcome To Dragon

Drogheda: an industrial and port town in County Louth on the east coast of Ireland about 35 miles north of Dublin.




Drogheda: The hometown of Jimmy English, where we stayed for the weekend. 


Naturally, Drogheda (kinda pronounced dra-ha-da) was renamed by myself to Dragon.  Partly because I wish it was my nickname, and partly because it was a lot easier to say that Drogheda.




 The Dragon from Drogheda :)



So anyways, this weekend, Kody, Megan & I went home with our friend Jimmy.  We stayed at his parents house (most adorable thing I have every seen) which was just outside the town, kind of set back in some 'country land'.  Friday night was Jimmy's party for his 21st birthday at a restaurant and pub called Harry's where his family and friends gathered to celebrate.  Saturday Jimmy took us to downtown Drogheda where we dodged the rain in and out of shops, pubs and a few churches.






Me, Megan, Kody & Jimmy at his party


'James's' Cake






Some of the garden outside Jimmy's house






St. Peter's Church (no Mom, I didn't get struck by lightening while I was in here)






Happy Guinness 






Clarke's, a well known pub in Drogheda where we stopped for a pint 


Needless to say we were VERY spoiled all weekend. Sleeping 'til 12, full breakfasts every morning, fresh coffee or tea whenever we'd like.  Jimmy's parents were SO generous and welcoming, it was so nice to be 'home' for a weekend and receive a little TLC :) 


I bought my first notebook today.  It's a 4 subject with a half a folder in each section.  That should be fine for a semester of 4 classes, right? ;-) I will be honest, for someone who is usually so hung up on classes, it is nice to not have to worry 24/7 about a research paper that is due, Professor B. Accounting homework, SBI Case studies, Marketing research surveys or what company most recently declared bankruptcy.  I am really enjoying being able to work on my own schedule, being to explore and workout whenever I want, and not having a cell phone  :) 


This semester I am taking...
-Contemporary US Business & Society
-Current Affairs
-New Enterprise Development Project
and
-Crime and The Media 


Meg and I conveniently have carbon copy schedules :)


The classes will be interesting and I really do think I will learn a lot being here.  The Irish school system is SO different than what I am used to which is beneficial because it forces me to adapt to change....I hate change.  So I am going about it all with an open mid and don't worry..I will still come back with straight A's..that will never change :)


Well I hope this entry isn't too boring. I'm sitting at the kitchen table with Meg right now, drinking tea, eating biscuits, and booking flights to Sweden! We're headed to the gym soon (or maybe just out for a brisk walk/run) and then back here to cook dinner.


I'll write again soon
All my love :)


-Princess Lea 

1 comment:

  1. STFU, you're going to the motherland?!?!?! Dad will be so proud. Have an AMAZING time. When are you going? Are you flying into Stockholm? Any particular reason why you chose Sweden? I want details, woman!!!!!

    Sounds like you had a great weekend. Questions: is your friend's birthday cake an American football or a rugby ball? Do they sing the same Happy Birthday song? And please don't tell me you sang that gay "Happy Birthday Just For You" song, we don't need that going international.

    ReplyDelete